The PTA needs families and staff to help make FPG Bilingüe an amazing school!
If you are interested in one of the tasks below, have other ideas, or are willing to be contacted for future volunteering, please email us or call 919-942-6491 ext. 37112.
- Event Planning: Work with school staff and other volunteers to help plan one-time events: Hispanic Heritage Month (September), Walk for Education (October) Carnaval (February), Book Fairs (November & March)
- Translators: Help translate written PTA documents or website material into either Spanish or English.
- Grant Writers: Write small grants to the Public School Foundation or other organizations to support classroom initiatives. Training available!
- Spiritwear: Help sell FPG t-shirts and other items with the school logo at school or community events.
- Membership: Recruit new members, manage membership list.
- Family Directory: Compile addresses and phone numbers of FPG families to help parents contact each other.
- Hospitality / Teacher Appreciation: Help organize, or provide food for, school-wide teacher appreciation events.
- Room Parents: Send email reminders to parents about special events, coordinate holiday gifts or other surprises for teachers.
- Audit Committee: Review financial work of the PTA, especially at the end of the year.
- Nominating Committee: Identify PTA volunteers and potential leaders for the next school year.
- La Huerta FPG (community food garden): Participate in workdays, help with regular maintenance (watering, weeding, composting), write grants, plan events, or translate educational gardening workshops
To volunteer, email us or call 919-942-6491 ext. 37112. Or please fill out the form below: