Resources for Families
- Talking to Children About the Covid-19 Coronavirus (in Spanish) A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease (in Spanish) from the Centers for Disease Control
- Mental Health and Coping during COVID-19 (in Spanish) from the Centers for Disease Control
- The CHCCS at-home learning website provides resources to support educators, families and students throughout the coming weeks. On that site you can find:
- Lots and lots of online learning resources curated by CHCCS staff.
- Instructions for obtaining tech support and internet access while schools are closed. Read more about obtaining free or low-cost internet access below.
- The NC Zoo’s Education Office is beginning a Facebook Live series that will air every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10 a.m. on the Zoo’s Facebook Page.
- Homeschooling and need a laugh?
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- For children age 18 and under, text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate the nearest food distribution locations. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
- TABLE – food delivery of healthy, non-perishable food items to children in Chapel Hill/Carrboro
- OCIM – provides food to low-income families in rural Orange County.
- Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs that help people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- St. Thomas More Financial Assistance Ministry-During the crises, we will focus on rental assistance for residents of Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Call 919-942-6216 for more information.
- United Way-Call 866-211-9966 and provide your zip code. You will be given a list of local agencies providing help with bills, rent and food.
- NCCARE360 – Resource Information has been concentrated and is robust for the following: Housing, Employment, Food Assistance, Interpersonal Violence, Transportation, No Wrong Door and Income Support. NCCARE360 continues to add and verify resources daily and will continue to expand as the program completes implementation throughout the state.
- Mutual Aid Carrboro COVID-19 Mutual Aid Relief Fund-To support workers sent home without pay. They are not accepting new applications but will open them once they have processed current requests.
- Interfaith Council-Schedule an appointment by calling 919-929-6380 x19, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Orange County DSS-Orange County provides emergency assistance to low-income residents of Orange County. For more information, call 919-245-2490.
- Town of Carrboro: The Town provides assistance with rent, security deposits and utility connection fees for low-income residents who find or have housing in Carrboro. For more information, please call 919-918-7321.
If you are able, please consider making a monetary donation to our Covid-19 Fund that will be used to purchase grocery store gift cards for families in need in our school community. The cards will be maintained and distributed to families by Barbie Garayua-Tudryn, FPGB school counselor.
You can donate in any of the following ways:
- Donate through the FPGB PTA website and choose COVID-19 Fund as the purpose of your donation.
- Donate by Venmo to @FPGPTA and indicate COVID-19 Fund in the memo section.
- Donate by check to FPG PTA and indicate COVID-19 Fund in the memo line. Mail your check to Maria Marta Sobico, 415 Ridgefield Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27517.
Thank you for your generosity!
All PTA events have been cancelled until we return to school.